Last updated: 31 October 2021
Article 1. General
Slimverhuurd is a brand of Properize, operating in the Netherlands.
We adhere to terms set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as set by Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming, the Dutch implementation of GDPR. Properize is registered with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) under the registration number FG013106. The Dutch Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for data protection in the Netherlands. It offers advice, promotes good practice, monitors breach reports, conducts audits and advisory visits, addresses complaints, monitors compliance and takes enforcement action if appropriate.
A Data Protection Officer ensures, in an independent manner, that an organization applies the laws protecting individuals’ personal data. The Data Protection Officer at Properize is Eduardo Gonzalez and can be contacted via e-mail (email@example.com).
Article 2. Processing of personal data
Our mission at Properize is to create trust among all participants in the real estate rental market. More specifically, we provide a digital solution to real estate agents and professional landlords to verify the identity and approximate personal income level of prospective tenants interested in renting a property. This includes, but is not limited to, the financial capacity to afford the monthly rental payments based on the estimated personal income. Instead of sharing payslips and other sensitive information via unsecured platforms, the Service is intended to create a safe and secure environment for tenant onboarding without disclosing such personal information directly to the real estate agents or professional landlords.
We understand that providing information to anyone online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Personal data means any information directly relating to a person or information that can be traced back to a person. Examples of personal data include addresses, telephone numbers and email accounts.
Privacy legislation allows Properize to process personal information, as long as we have a ground under the law to do so. It also requires us to tell you what those grounds are. As a result, when we process your personal information, we will rely on one of the following processing conditions:
- Legal obligation: this is when we are required to process your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as money laundering legislation (Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Act (i.e. “Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme”, also known as Wwft).
- Legitimate interests: we will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, as long as it does not outweigh your interests.
- Your consent: in some cases, we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal information, and we will only process your personal information in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Properize via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will use your personal data to manage your registration in our Service, allow you to use the Service and send you tailored communications. Moreover, we may use your data to perform statistical analysis after anonymizing it.
If you are a potential tenant looking for a rental unit, have in mind that we need to use your data to analyze your personal profile with our tools that make automated decisions based on your bank account transactions. Our Service analyses your past transactions to assess your ability to face the monthly rental payments, only after receiving your explicit consent. We manage the consent process through [FULLNAME] (“NAME”), our Open Banking partner. The banking data that you exchange with Properize via our Open Banking partner is kept encrypted and secured at all times, and it is only retained for as long as necessary to make the Service possible.
You will grant us access to your past transactions through the [NAME] platform. To do that, you need to follow the consent flow provided by [NAME] in a link sent to you via e-mail. Then you will log in to your online banking platform using your usual bank login process, confirm the data you want to share and generate an access token that is automatically shared with us. We will then use this token to access your data one time only. We will never have access to your login or password to your online banking environment.
Article 3. Transfer to third parties
Only the persons authorized by Properize to process personal data and/or perform technical maintenance work have access to your data.
Properize will not provide your data to other third parties unless this is necessary to comply with legislation or in an emergency, insofar as this is in the reasonable opinion of Properize is in your best interest.
Article 4. Cookies
Learn more about cookies, how we use them and how to manage them in our Cookie Declaration.
Properize contains links to third party websites. When you visit these websites, the privacy policies and cookie statements of these third parties apply. Properize is not responsible for the way in which third parties may handle your personal data or for the cookies used on these third party websites.
Article 5. Google Analytics and social media
Properize uses Google Analytics to analyze and improve the use of the Service. This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Properize has concluded a processing agreement with Google. In addition, Properize has masked the last octet of IP addresses so that full IP addresses are not collected by Google. Furthermore, all options regarding data sharing with Google in Google Analytics have been turned off.
The retention period of the Google Analytics data is 12 months. Google offers an opt-out option for Google Analytics through a browser extension.
Properize includes buttons to share data on social media such as Facebook from Facebook Inc., Twitter from Twitter Inc., LinkedIn from LinkedIn Corporation and YouTube from YouTube LLC (“Social Media Websites”). These buttons work by means of pieces of code that come from the social media itself. Cookies are placed by means of these codes. Properize has no influence on this. You are advised to read the privacy policies and/or cookie statements of the Social Media Websites, which can change regularly, to be aware of what they do with the personal data they collect via these cookies.
Google and Social Media Websites may provide the information collected via their cookies to third parties if they are legally obliged to do so, or insofar as these third parties process the information on behalf of (one of) them. The information is transferred to and stored on servers in the United States. Google and Social Media Websites state that they adhere to the privacy regulations applicable there. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of (personal) data. Properize is not responsible for this and excludes all liability in this regard.
Article 6. Your rights with regard to the personal data collected
- You have the right to access your data. To do this, you can ask Properize which data is stored in the servers and for what purpose it is used.
- You have the right to have the data that Properize has collected from you corrected, changed or supplemented if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask who has/has had access to your data. You can ask Properize what data has been stored in the servers and who has or has had access to it.
- You have the right to have your data deleted.
- In a number of legally determined cases, you have the right to have less data processed by Properize.
- In a number of legally determined cases, you have the right to request your data from Properize and to have it transferred to third parties.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Properize.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body, such as the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
- If you yourself have given permission for the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw this permission at any time. To do this, please request it via e-mail (email@example.com).
Article 7. Retention period for personal data
Properize does not store your (personal) data for longer than is necessary for the performance and delivery of the Service, unless it is obliged by law to keep personal data for longer.
Article 8. Security
Properize has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful processing, including storage of that data in a secure database with encrypted passwords and secure backups, access to the data via a personal account with a unique username and password as well as payment (order) and to Properize via an encryption protocol (SSL, TLS or similar). Despite the fact that Properize has taken and will take all possible security measures, the processing of your personal data via the Internet involves risks that are inherent in the use of the Internet in society.
Article 10. Contact
In case of questions, suggestions or complaints about the Service, please contact Properize via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).